DEPUTY CHIEF WILLIAM CARMACK


IT'S WITH GREAT REGRET THAT I ANNOUNCE THE PASSING OF GALES FERRY VOLUNTEER FIRE COMPANY DEPUTY CHIEF WILLIAM CARMACK AFTER
17 DEDICATED YEARS OF SERVICE WITH THE DEPARTMENT ON MARCH 17, 2007.
FOR THOSE WHO WERE LUCKY TO KNOW BILL, YOU KNOW THAT HE WILL BE GREATLY MISSED. FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO NEVER HAD THE PRIVILEGE OF KNOWING BILL, I ONLY WISH YOU COULD HAVE..
BUB, THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING. YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE A PLACE IN MY HEART.
PLEASE LEAVE ANY COMMENTS, MEMORIES OR STORIES YOU MAY HAVE ABOUT BILL. I WILL FORWARD ALL OF THEM TO THE CARMACK FAMILY.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really don't know where to begin talking about Bill Carmack....I met Bill in 1991 while I was stationed at the Subase. I joined the Gales Ferry Fire Dept that same year and was taken under Bill's wing as a probie, over time we developed a great friendship, more then anything Bill became like a father to me while I was stationed in Groton. I spent many late nights on the fireground with Bill and many late nights at his house with his family and friends. Many calls come to mind but 2 really stand out in my mind....Dacatur Hill mountain fire in 1993 and a swan rescue at Dow...this was when R-25 was brand new, myself Rich Weiss and Bill went over to rescue a swan from one of the tanks. Bill was also my partner for EMT class. Like I said before there are many memories, I can't even begin to scratch the surface.....the biggest and best memory though has to be Bill and his wife introducing my wife of 13 years to me. What a great honor it has been to know such a great man....I Love him dearly and he will forever be in my heart!!!!!